This policy covers all data shared with us by our visitors, either directly (via precious-times.com) or via email.
This policy explains what happens to any personal data shared with us, or collected from you (either directly via the Website or via email).
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 & General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) our data controller is Marie Clarke and can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In operating the Website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits, the resources you access including – but not limited to, traffic & location data, statistics & other communications data.
- Information you provide when registering with the Website, use of our forms, newsletter registration and your account details.
- Information provided when you communicate with us for any reason.
Use of your Information
The information we collect & store relating to you, is primarily used to enable us to provide our products & services.
We may also use the information for the following purposes:
- To answer requests for information about our products or services and provide information on other products we believe may be of interest to you (IF you have consented to receive such information).
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about changes to the Website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- We may contact existing customers with information about goods & services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- We may use your data to provide you with information about unrelated goods and services which we feel may be of interest to you. We may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented to at the time your information was collected.
- If you are a new customer, we will only contact you when you have provided consent, and only by those means you provided consent for.
- We do NOT reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may on occasion, provide them with aggregate general statistical information about our visitors (examples: Age Group, area of residence, gender, etc).
Storing Personal Data
- Data provided to us is stored on our SSL-secured servers.
- Transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, so we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically; thus the transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk. If you have created an account with us, you are responsible for keeping your password confidential.
Disclosing your information
- Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our staff or group.
- We may also disclose your personal information to 3rd parties (as follows):
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a 3rd party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
- To bartonsweb.co.uk (our website management company), in the event of any issues with our website functionality, which affect you and require expert assistance.
- In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping carts and provide (anonymised) tracking data to 3rd party applications (eg: Google Analytics).
- As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser.
Links to “3rd Party Websites”
You might follow links from our website, to 3rd party websites. Those websites should have their own privacy policies (which you should check). We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever.
Information Access & Consent
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regulations (2016) give you the right to access the information we hold about you and to withdraw consent if you desire.
- You can access and edit that information by clicking the “My Account” link (see page header area).
- Withdrawal of consent: Simply remove (delete) all pertinent information from your account or contact us (link below) and request removal.